Organisatie- en afdelingomschrijving
Sumitomo Chemical is one of the world’s leading chemical manufacturers, conducting business in five sectors – petrochemical, energy & functional materials, IT-related chemicals, health & crop sciences, and pharmaceuticals.
Through the global network of around 31.000 employees, the company provides worldwide support to a wide variety of industries. Sumitomo Chemical Europe has its headquarters in Machelen (Belgium), and markets a variety of chemicals throughout Europe.
To meet their further growth and development ambitions we are currently recruiting an International Supply Chain & Logistics Manager.
You will be part of the Supply Chain & Logistics department acting as one of the most important internal service providers towards Sales & Marketing.
You will realize the supply chain & logistics strategy with the management endorsement and support of the businesses, under constant consideration of customer service, quality and safety, sustainability requirements and legal compliances.
Emphasis is given to the supply flow of goods ex Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Japan to European, North African and Turkish customers.
You will work in multi interdisciplinary teams of sales and marketing, finance and accounting, responsible care, HR, digitalization solutions, warehouse operations, transport operations.
- You will manage the complete range of international logistic solutions, mainly focusing on warehousing & distribution, for the different business lines with different needs and business requirements ranging from a commodity business model to specialty chemicals. You will assess the existing supply chain flows on potential optimization and risks, and ensure smooth supply flows for all businesses.
- You will develop strong supplier relationships with your key logistic service providers and challenge them on cost, delivery & lead performance, flexibility, quality improvement, risk management, sustainability… and strive for continuous improvement.
- You are responsible for the KPI-management and initiate yearly reviews. The contract management of the LSP’s is also one of your responsibilities.
- You will provide benchmark information and keep abreast on market tendencies & changes. You will participate at supply chain and logistics conferences whilst maintaining a good and reputable working relationship with other supply chain and logistic responsible of the European and Global chemical and polymer companies.
- You set up and manage the Annual Logistics Budget and act in a cost-to-serve way in order to monitor and keep abreast on the financials assuring a strong profitability and competitive pricing towards the Business Units Strategic targets.
- You will develop and integrate a sustainable and green logistics network in order to secure the demand of your in- and external customers towards an end to end sustainable supply chain enhancing the corporate social responsibility.
- You will assure a solid buy-in with your internal clients, acting as an internal service provider to the sales & marketing department ensuring continuity between the supply chain flows and the sales plans. You will indirectly manage a team of internal sales assistants.
- You will give support to the EMEA affiliated companies as RHQ leader in Supply Chain and Logistics and act as well as for and on behalf of the Sumitomo Chemical Headquarter Logistics through the Regional Headquarter function in Machelen.
- You will ensure that all relevant stakeholders are kept abreast in order to ensure appropriate decision taking.
- You will develop and update the Logistics Manual for the different businesses.
- You will follow the necessary internal procedures concerning the JSOX compliance.
- You will support the administration department regarding suitable solutions for customs clearance and VAT Registration for different hubs.
- You will support and develop the shipping line strategy.
- You will report directly to the Supply Chain & Logistics Director.
- You obtained a Master degree in business economics or engineering. Apics qualification or relevant additional supply chain degrees are an advantage.
- You gained a solid working experience of min 8 years within an international supply chain management role. Due to their distribution activities, an experience within sales & marketing or business development within chemicals is a strong asset.
- International Distribution, Shipping and Warehousing are part of your professional playground. You have a strong experience in managing logistics service providers.
- We prefer a proven experience in the polymer business, chemical commodities and specialties and/or monomer.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, securing in- and external buy-in, and have a flexible working mentality. You have strong social skills and are open to other cultural mindsets, experience with the Japanese culture is a plus.
- You are empathic, mature and correct. You are stress-resistant and able to see the global picture and make decisions even with uncertain factors.
- Strategic & analytical mindset, out of the box thinker, diplomatic, hands-on, accurate, reliable and a real team-player
- Strong knowledge of supply chain, transport & logistics regulations and compliance.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of German and/or Dutch are an asset.
- Flexible towards frequent business travel.
Sumitomo Chemical Europe offers you the chance to work in a world leading and stable company with international exposure and a high quality product range.
A professional organization where autonomy, initiative and adaptability are recognized and stimulated.
A role with a broad variety of responsibilities in terms of tasks, cultures, projects, clients and applications.
Take the chance and join a division in full expansion and headquarters that fully invest in the development of its activities and its people.
Sumitomo offers a state of the art salary package including company car, extra-legal benefits, bonus and a solid work-life balance.
Stephanie Brughmans - email@example.com - 03 259 29 07
31140+Toon meer informatie